Sunday, July 20, 2008

Teeth, Paint and Fireworks

Liam's twin
Some of Courtney's friends from her old job found a young actor that Liam looks like.  The only movie I can think of that he was in was "Stepmom".  The funny thing is that his name is Liam. Check this out...what do you think?
Liam will be 10 months old this month!  Can you believe that?  He is blessing us with his first tooth!  Teething isn't as bad as it has been built up to be, knock on wood.  Although it looks quite painful to see some object poking through his gums.  He also continues to try and crawl.  Here are two consecutive videos that were really funny to shoot!  You'll have to pardon the dorky dad talk narrative.
And a few more photos of him just because...
The CFO of Ugly Mugs
the 'eyes' picture
Not afraid of the camera
"Hey Dad play that one with no notes or words, yeah thanks"
Now We Have a Skeeter and a Scooter We did it. All those stories you may be hearing about how scooters are selling like crazy all over the country. We're part of the fad. We recently purchased a 50cc scooter from the local scooter shop. For those of you who grew up in the Nintendo era, 50cc engines are the beginner levels on Mario Kart, so we're not exactly street racing this thing.  It won't go over 48 mph, maybe that is a good thing. And it's hard to feel very 'masculine' on it, which works out well for Courtney. What we can do is get 85 miles to the gallon and make it very economical to bounce back and forth from home to the coffeehouse and do our part to help curb the fuel demand that isn't helping gas prices.  We also get the two fingers down to the side from the motorcycle riders around town!
Skeeter
Scooter
Why we got a scooter...I know, classy, but it's true
As Far as Ugly Mugs Goes...
God Gives Us All Gifts
And mine is not interior design.  We had the place painted and walked in after it had its first coat on it; I nearly had a heart attack. We chose a color called 'pollination', sort of a green/yellow color as an accent in a few spots. It looked like the sun threw up on the walls! I had a complete meltdown, couldn't focus the rest of the day. I was just waiting for someone to cross me so I could go off. Thankfully, that didn't happened because I have Courtney and Liam in my life. And thanks to Courtney's sister and her family who imparted their endless wisdom upon us and graciously worked late to help us resolve it. I guess that is better than bad days that many other people have in the world. 
See that yellow, it will be the last time you do...
...except for this picture
As for the rest of Ugly Mugs
The paint issue is resolved and our floor is now complete.  Lights are being put in and equipment begins being delivered this week!  By this time next month, we'll be open and in full swing.
We had some custom seating made, here's an example.
Speaking of 4th of July, feel free to ask about the still flaming firework that landed out of the sky on to Courtney and I.  I have a really great hole in my arm now.  
The next time you hear from us, I expect Ugly Mugs to be open.  EXCITING!  Until then, 
Our Love, 
tdt  

4 comments:

markymark said...

y'all are too frickin cute

can't wait to hang out at the best new coffee shop town (and it happens to be in my own neighborhood!) Or am I still working there? We never quite figured all that out

lg2006 said...

Liam is precious!
- The seating is very cool! Erik has actually been trying to aquire a taste for coffee , because he wants to come and support you guys when you are open.

TOTALLY jealous of that scooter! i want a seafoam green one!!

Anonymous said...

Love love love being able to catch up with you all through your blog!!! Love watching Liam grow! When is the date of opening for the shop? Brian and I are ready to take a trip!!!!

LC Miller said...

You guys have such a pretty family...including Skeeter! Liam is such a doll! I love his chin!

Ugly Mugs looks fantastic! I'm a total fan of the yellow...sorry to say. I think with red accent pieces it would be phenomenal. I'm sure you'll come up with an even better color, but I am a fan of the yellow.

Congratulations on all of the great things life is bringing your way!

Love,
The Millers